One thing that you hear often on various “make your business website better” web sites, is that to get traffic to your website, you should keep your content fresh, and keep it interesting. That is so others link to it. Great for search rankings too. But… yeah, you have to actually write things.
Here are a few guidelines to help you out
- Regularity. You need to be consistent. It can be daily, weekly, or even monthly. The important thing is to write regularly. It shows your commitment. It helps to show readers that you are up to date with things that you write about, and an authority on them.
- Research your facts. This is a very important skill for a blogger. Nothing attracts readers more than blog posts that have relevant, useful, and accurate facts.
- Say it differently. When you blog, make sure to say something different. Tackle every topic differently. Find a new angle and write about it. That’s going to help you stand out.
- Keep your readers in mind. What do they want to know? What tone are they most likely to respond and be comforatble with? How can you present technical things in a language they can understand?
- Make a schedule and stick to it. Sticking to a schedule is important. The last thing you want is for your blog to sit for days and weeks without a new post.
- Images. Images can add so much appeal to blog posts. Make it a point to include a photo in all blog posts. The most important thing here is images need to be relevant. There are sites that will allow you to use their images for free as long as you attribute properly. If you cannot find any, there are many low cost stock photo websites, and a few give away images weekly. Stockpile them. There is one in particular, 123rf.com. They give away a ton of free images, all you have to do is give them attribution. One word of warning, DO NOT JUST RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE ANY IMAGE YOU FIND ON THE WEB. IT IS NOT YOURS TO USE. No. No matter what your friends say, you cannot just go grab a photo from someone’s website and use it on yours. The photographer owns the photo. You will be caught. Getty Images has made millions over the past few years by finding websites that have used their photos without paying to use them and threatening lawsuits if not paid, thousands of dollars. Not something you want to face. Here is the link to 123rf
- Link between your posts. This helps with SEO, so don’t forget to do that. This will also allow you to promote other posts that are not doing as well as you expected. It can improve traffic and linkjuice. Part of interlinking posts effectively is using the right anchor texts.
- Keyword research. You should write blog posts centered around keywords or phrases that are important and relevant to your business or products. Pick the most profitable ones by using Google’s Keyword Tool.
- Plan your posts. Give yourself an editorial calendar. When you think of a new topic, go enter it as one subject you want to write on, and schedule the day! It will give you a sense of direction, and something to follow
- Encourage reader interaction. Encourage your readers to comment and to share your post on their social networks. You’d be surprised at how effective that can be.
- Respond to comments promptly. When people do comment on your posts, make sure to respond promptly. This will let your audience know that you’re sincere in establishing a relationship with them, which is very important in obtaining a loyal following for your blog.
- Give. Give as much free advice as you can. Give away freebies. Or point your readers to other places where they can find useful stuff. They’ll thank you for it and to compensate, they’ll stay loyal.
- Cite other blogs/bloggers in your posts. This will not only add more credibility to your blog posts but encourage relationships with more established bloggers. Obviously, when you link to them, you’re helping increase their link juice and traffic. They’ll also thank you for it. Link to this post!
So, what are you waiting for? Go write a post on your latest project, new hire that is knocking them dead, your company’s latest community involvement. Go and do it!Roblox Hack Free Robux